DuckDuckGo breaks 9 billion searches in 2018, and keeps growing
Posted in SEO by Dennis E. K. Nielsen
Privacy-centric search engine DuckDuckGo might not boast the popularity of their rival Google in raw numbers. But, the search engine making bigger and bigger strides.
DuckDuckGo growth facts:
- Total searches to-date: 25 billion
- Record for daily queries occurred on January 2nd, with 34,406,841 searches.
- Daily searches in 2018: 30 million (Oct data)
- Total searches in 2018: the number was 9,239,676,317
- Total searches in 2017: 5,915,745,384.
Get more data here
The impressive continued growth of DuckDuckGo cannot be ignored. I admire their marketing techniques with a focus on privacy, which, in a world post-GDPR, has worked very well and gained them a bigger market share and growth than expected. As the popularity grows and more and more searchers take notice, SEO marketing specialists should consider how to optimize their content towards the platform. However, for now, their market share is still too small for most, but I would keep an open eye on them